Modeling, Simulation and Application of Power and Propulsion Systems
You will learn a unique and proven method to develop modular system models and how to implement them in state-of-the-art specialized software. You will also become competent in running these computer models to solve complex problems like those pertaining to the design, operation, R&D, life-cycle management, maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO), and control of power and propulsion systems.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Develop modular system models based on physical relations using a 9-step method.
- Use models and the results of simulations to analyze a variety of relations and interactions within the systems.
- Use the models to optimize design and operation of power and propulsion systems for specific applications.
- Understand the theoretical elements on which simulation software is based.
- Apply the modeling language to develop propulsion and power system models.
- Use the Gas Turbine Simulation Program , the Delft University's in-house tool, well known and used in the international gas turbine community, or, alternatively
- Use GTPsim, a brand new tool for detailed power and propulsion system design and performance analysis.
The course is aimed at engineers in the propulsion and power sector. Senior academic students interested in working in this field can add it to their curriculum as an elective course.
The course is sponsored by international companies via the Dutch Foundation for Gas Turbine Education ().
| Fee||1250 EUR. (free for SGO & DGTA members) |
| Lenght||17 weeks |
| Effort||7 - 8 hours a week |
| Participants||Max. 15 |
More information at: https://online-learning.tudelft.nl/courses/modeling-simulation-and-application-of-power-and-propulsion-systems/